Connect your home to the internet
- Having an Internet connection working soon after your relocation is convenient and can help you stay in touch with home during a time of significant change
- Phone, internet and TV are almost never covered by rental contracts and need to be handled seperately
- Internet connections in Switzerland are fast and reliable
- They normally run over the cable TV connection or the telephone line
- A digital modem is required and will be provided by the internet service provider
- Find an internet provider
- Find the best package for your needs
- Sign up for the services and receive your digital modem and other equipment
How to proceed
- For both cost and organisational reasons it is often simplest to sign up for a package of TV, telephone (mobile
- and land-line), and internet with one single provider
- Review the internet packages available and find one that meets your needs
- Obtain the previous tenant's name to inform the service provider of the change of tenant
- Call the provider and inform them that you would like to set up a contract with them and for services to be operational for your entry date. Provide the previous tenant's name, if possible
- Ask the provider to confirm that all required functionalities (ie., internet speed, digital modem) are operational at your specific address
- Make sure that the contracts and all appliances are sent to an address where your name is displayed on the mailbox
- Call your selected provider 14 to 20 days prior to your apartment handover to ensure continuity of service
- Placing an order even further in advance is advantageous
Where to find help
There are various TV, telephone and internet providers in Switzerland. They vary in scope of products, channels, speeds, prices, etc. A professional relocation services provider can guide you through the range of options.
Which internet package is right for you? Can you get connected without a wait?
Free VIP fast track connection service
Lina Vollmar and her team of customer advisers at Hello Switzerland are here to connect you to Swisscom in the fastest, simplest, most efficient way possible.
How much does it cost
- Prices vary according to packages and the type of internet connection chosen
- Packages usually vary based on connection speed
Good to know
For reasons of simplicity and cost savings, most people in Switzerland sign up to one single service provider for a combined package of TV, home telephone, and internet.
It often makes sense to include your mobile telephone contract in this package too.
Ask service providers about combination discounts and other benefits.