1. The Jet d'Eau, Geneva's landmark
The lake's star attraction is the water jet, dazzling visitors as it shoots 140 metres into the sky. It is best seen from the Bains des Pâquis, an incredible city-centre beach and lido where Geneva's smart set meets for a swim, a sauna or a cheese fondue! See it from a boat cruise on the lake for breathtaking vistas of Mont-Blanc.
2. The Old Town and its treasures
Stroll through the backstreets and discover many historical treasures. Switzerland's biggest old quarter is overlooked by St. Peter's Cathedral, the centre of the Reformation movement. 157 steps lead to the top of its tower and a stunning view.
3. The birthplace of fine watchmaking
It's just a few steps from the flowers of Geneva's famous clocktower to the dazzling shop windows of the Rue du Rhône. With its unparalleled concentration of world-famous watches and luxury brands from fashion to jewellery, the great brands that make Geneva famous all have their own boutiques. It's shopping paradise!
4. The Reformation Wall – a monumental homage
A stone's throw from the elegant Place de Neuve and the beautiful Parc des Bastions, this famous wall and its four giant statues testify to Geneva's important role in the history of religion.
5. The United Nations - Geneva as the capital of peace
The European headquarters of the UN have become the centre of world diplomacy. Under the dome of the Human Rights and Alliance of Civilisations Room, many secrets are shared. The monumental "Broken Chair" on the Place des Nations reminds us of Geneva's contribution to peace and freedom.
6. CERN, the world's accelerator of science
This is where 10,000 physicists try to unlock the secrets of the universe. CERN is the world's largest laboratory for particle physics. Enter a new dimension by visiting the "Universe of Particles" exhibition free of charge.
7. Geneva's extraordinary destiny in four unique museums
Four striking and unrivalled stops enabling you to decrypt Geneva's DNA:
- The International Red Cross & Red Crescent Museum
- The International Museum of the Reformation
- The Patek Philippe watchmaking museum
- The Bodmer Foundation Library of rare manuscripts.
8. Carouge and its bohemian atmosphere
Meet Geneva's very different sister town - its "Greenwich Village". Meet the craftsmen, artists, and personalities who contribute to its charm. Though just minutes from Geneva's centre, Carouge's shaded squares remind you of Italy. Its many cafés and restaurants create a unique bohemian ambience around the clock.
9. A certain "art de vivre" in the Bains district
10. A getaway to Mont-Salève
A breath-taking experience. Ride the cable car up Geneva's local mountain to enjoy an extraordinary 360° view. It's a perfect starting point for hiking, biking - or a paragliding flight!
GENEVA WEEKEND PACKAGE - STAY FOR HALF-PRICE
Enjoy a weekend in Geneva for 50% of the regular price
- One night at a hotel with breakfast
- Free public transport with your accommodation
TO BOOK, VISIT GENEVA TOURISM'S WEBSITE
See you in Geneva!
Photos: © VueRade-®GeneveTourisme-54