Meeting the educational and social needs of such a diverse group of students has been our purpose since the school opened in 1961.
The International Baccalaureate (IB), which places emphasis on concept comprehension rather than content-based performance, is the method of instruction that ISBerne believes serves students best. The internationally recognised IB certification provides students the means to transition easily to their next international school or on to top universities around the world.
Small class size and a strong English as an Additional Language (EAL) programme provide students with individualised academic support. To aid integration into both school and Switzerland, ISBerne offers a thriving After School Activities Programme, competitive sports teams, charitable outreach programmes, and study of German and French.
Within this framework, students thrive. Our students' differences are what bind them, providing an experiential global awareness that cannot be taught from a book.
ISB at a glance
- New state-of-the-art campus in 2017
- The only fully accredited English speaking school for ages 3-18 in the Canton of Berne
- Choice of two diplomas, IB and U.S. High School
- Distance leading programme with campus integration options
- Easy access by car, train and tram
- Group bussing options from Neuchâtel, Solothurn and Fribourg
Students breaking ground for the new school building in August 2015