Sports in Switzerland
Switzerland has an abundance of natural playgrounds and is a paradise for sports and outdoor enthusiasts. Whether water, air, or earth is your preferred element or you live for the adrenalin rush of extreme sports, Switzerland will have something for you.
There is a huge choice of winter and summer sports in Switzerland, including skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing, hiking, canoeing, mountaineering, cycling, mountain biking, golf, wakeboarding, windsurfing and paragliding. Most sports facilities are easily reachable by public transport. Season tickets and club memberships will help to reduce costs.
Sports in Luzern and surrounds
- Luzern is home to FC Luzern (football club Luzern). Next to their home stadium in Allmend is a brand new and comprehensive sports facility available to the public.
- Sport Luzern and City of Luzern offer detailed information on sports in Luzern. Tourist information centres in Nidwalden, Obwalden, Engelberg, Stanserhorn and Pilatus provide local information.
- Nature lovers and hikers will delight in the fresh air, flora and fauna and lake and mountain settings.
- Lake Luzern and its lidos are popular for water activities.
- Sports clubs and gyms and fitness studios are a good way to keep fit and meet people. Many gyms offer different membership options and some health insurances contribute towards membership fees.
Sporting events in Luzern